How To Make Natural Homemade Bath Salts?
Everyone knows that bath salts have ability to turn your regular bath into a comforting, relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
Minerals in bath salt help to make your skin soft and beautiful by purging impurities from your skin giving it clean & radiant glow.
Though bath salts are readily available in the market many prefer to use homemade bath salt. The procedure to make bath salt in the home is really easy and with few steps and right ingredients anyone can able to make it in the home.
You can use homemade bath salt for your personal use or it can become a great gift for your friends and family members.
Benefit of making it in home is that you can add any colour, essential oil and scent to them to make it more personal. You can control what goes in the recipe of bath salt and what not. So if you do not like adding colour then you can just skip them and still can have a great bath salt.
Health Benefits of Bath Salt –
- It provides soothing, comfortable and relaxing feel to your muscular system. Added essential oils are helpful for your skin health.
- Epsom salt sooths your muscles and relieves muscular inflammation.
- Bath salt reduce skin irritation and gives radiant glow.
- Minerals and salts help your skin to detoxify, rejuvenate and to stay healthy.
- Bath salts with added essential oils like lavender & chamomile triggers calming effect on body and help you to get better sleep.
How to make homemade bath salts?
- Coarse sea salt
- Epsom Slat
- Baking soda
- ¼ cup of Lavender scented body wash
- Essential oils
- Coconut, Olive or Sweet almond oil
- Food Coloring agent (Optional)
Steps To Make Bath Salts-
Method 1st –
- Take a large bowl and add 4 cup of coarse sea salt, 2 cup of Epsom salt and ½ cup of baking soda and mix it well.
- Now add 2 drops of lavender or chamomile essential oil & mix.
- Add a pinch of food coloring agent to give your salt different colors and mix again.
By the time you finish mixing these entire ingredients, your bath salt become ready to use.
Method 2nd –
Instead of adding coarse sea salt you can add lavender scented body wash.
- Take ¼ cup of lavender scented body wash, 2 cup of Epsom salt and mix them well.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut, olive or sweet almond oil & pinch of food color to this mixture and mix until it combine well.
- Spread this mixture on thin baking sheet and allow it to dry for next 24 hrs. Once it dry well; store it in tight sealable jar.
Usually one can use these bath salts up to three months from its manufactured date.
Before you buy all ingredients for bath salt from an online shop like Amazon please do visit your nearest shop to see whether you can purchase it for lower price and can save money.
It is observed that you can buy Lavender scented body wash for half price at local market than buying it from Amazon store (shipping product to your door steps can increase cost of that product).
This post is first published on DIYHomeremedies.org