Samosa Recipe – How to make Samosa recipe ?
Preparation time :20 minutes
Cooking Time :30 minutes
Servings: 5 to 6
2 tablespoons Oil
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
2 Green chillies chopped (if wish add more according to taste)
4 medium Potatoes,boiled mashed
1 cup Green peas
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1 teaspoon Dry mango powder (amchur)
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
Salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnishing
1 cup Refined flour (maida)
1/2 teaspoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
3 tablespoons Ghee /oil
Salt to taste
Cook green peas in boiling water till they become soft.And keep aside for a while.
1.Mix all the dough ingredients (Maida,carom seeds ghee and salt together).
2. Add water little by little and make a hard dough. Keep it under a clean and wet cloth for ten to fifteen minutes.
3.Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and fry for couple of seconds.
4. Now add cumin seeds and when they crackle add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
5. Add green chillies and mashed potatoes. Add red chilli powder,amchur powder and garam masala powderand salt. Mix well.
3. Add green peas and mix well.
4. Mix all ingredients well and keep aside for further use. Garnish with coriander.
Instructions for dough :
1.Divide the dough into six equal portions and roll them into balls.
2.Apply a little flour and roll them like chapati with rolling pin. Maintain the proper thickness. It should not be much thick neither thin. Get medium thickness.
3. Cut into half.
3.Apply water on the edges. Shape into a cone. Make sure that edges are well sealed.
4. Stuff the cone with the potato and peas filling which we have cooked previously.
4.Seal the edges well and deep fry in medium hot oil till crisp and golden brown. Drain onto tissue paper.
5.Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.